Have you got an idea to improve a space in Lewisham?
This spring, we are offering a group of young people in the Borough of Lewisham the opportunity to design and build a new space for their community.
Build Up will mentor and support a team of young people to design and construct one proposal this Easter. All activity costs and materials will be funded by Build Up.
Your idea might involve improving a neglected piece of land, creating somewhere young people feel welcome or building a new resource for a community centre. Take a look at our projects page for examples of what we have built before.
Build Up will fund:
- A 2 hour co-design workshop with your group
- 4 days construction and on-the-job training for young people
- Timber construction materials, project management and coordination
- Projects need to be located in the London Borough of Lewisham
- You are, or are able to assemble, a team of young people aged 10-23
- The project is expected to be used for 5+ years
- The person / organisation responsible for the site is supportive of the project and can sign-off a final design in a maximum of 5 (ideally 2) days.
We are especially interested in projects:
- Proposed by young people aged 23 and under, submitted either by themselves or by an adult representative
- Proposed or to be led by young people of colour, from working class communities and/ or from under represented groups
- That support young people’s voice in local regeneration
If you have difficulties completing the form, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com or calling 07895 319825.
Deadline: Sunday 27th February 2022.
What will happen next? Our youth panel will select one project and we aim to get in touch with all applicants by 11th March.